Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time low

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time low

    Gentleman is calling them "Valencia home editions" for 2500, added what appears to be four tweeters next to the horn, and then cut the bass cabinets up, and stuffed 1218 A's in the bottom..... People do some strange things... sorry no link...

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    He's not worried if he sells them or not.

    I'm worried that another pair of good Altecs might find their way into his hands.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    The proportions don't look right for a model 19 on my screen. Too shallow, too tall and the spacer is too small. It looks like a real custom job.
    I might get the sawzall out this weekend and modify mine.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time low


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    Sickening !

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    People do the darnedest things! Sadly, I've seen much worse........

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    People do the darnedest things! Sadly, I've seen much worse........

    GM
    I would love here some of these stories.... I saw a funny one, someone reconed an early 515 with a JBl rubber surround, said it "really helped the bass"......

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time low


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    Quote Originally Posted by juniper View Post
    I would love here some of these stories.... I saw a funny one, someone reconed an early 515 with a JBl rubber surround, said it "really helped the bass"......
    And probably killed about three quarters of it's value in the process if it had it's original cone that was in good shape.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Destroyed M19's on ebay for 2500 this may be an all time

    I dun no, I like em.

    Seriously, I think that he built the boxes to slide the 1218A speakers inside of.

    Altec Speakers Pair Valencia Home Edition | eBay
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.